In a java project, I am asked to develop some illustrations for a demonstrator which is quite close to a game,
so I am interested in liiengine. The difference with a game is that there would not have interactions with a player.
Events would be read from a file which is a result from a simulation.
The only constraint I was given is that I have to put the illustration within a jpanel. Is it possible
to make the 2d game engine litiengine work inside a jpanel ?
Also, I would like to
- make tooltips appear on hovering on some objects
- zoom in/out and move the drawn surface with the mouse, much like playing with a map
- catch mouse keyboard events
- display small jpg/png like icons and be able to move them
- detect when two objects collides
- draw easily simple geometric forms
I would be grateful to you if you could indicate me to what extent litiengine can answer to my needs
In addition, I retrieved tiles (*png) from openstreetmap for a whole european country at every level zoom.
I would like to use these one as the background of the illustration and be able to zoom in/out just like on google maps. Do you know if it is handable with litiengine ?