first of all: THANK YOU for the successful launch of our forums!
Since LITIengine is an open source project, you may have wondered at some point how you can contribute to our cause other than working on the engine's code itself.
How can I help?
You can not only support the development of LITIengine by contributing code!
There are tons of ways to help us maintain the project and keep the community vivid and helpful,
a few of which we want to mention here:
You like organizing events?
- Organize LITIengine workshops, meetups or game jams
- Help us establish a regular LITIengine conference
- Help community members find the right conferences and submit proposals for speaking
You like designing stuff?
- Improve LITIengine’s usability by generating class diagrams
- Maximize the utiLITI editor's usability by redesigning UI layouts
- Help us establishing a style guide to maintain consistency in LITIengine's code
- Submit LITIengine related art to be used on merchandise products
You like writing?
- Improve coverage in LITIengine's documentation
- Start a newsletter for LITIengine
- Write tutorials, How-To's, and user guides for LITIengine
- Translate LITIengine’s documentation
You like structuring things?
- Link to duplicate issues and suggest new issue labels
- Go through open issues and suggest closing old ones
- Ask clarifying questions on recently opened issues to move the discussion forward
You like coding?
- Find open issues and resolve them
- Implement new features
- Automate project setup
- Help us develop an eclipse plugin for project setup
- Improve tooling and testing
- Enhance LITIengine workflows by improving the utiLITI editor.
You like being helpful?
- Answer questions about LITIengine on e.g., our forum, Stack Overflow or Reddit
- Answer questions on open issues
- Become a moderator for our Github repository or the LITIengine forum
- Review code on other people’s submissions
- Support new contributors and mentor them
Nothing of the above applies to you?
Well... if you still want to support us, you could consider helping us bear the development costs for LITIengine (e.g. servers and equipment).
You can do so by becoming our Patron or donating via Paypal.
You can also see these suggestions, among other info, in our new contribution guidelines.
We'd be happy to see more community involvement in LITIengine's development in the future!